Use the travelcard t:card on bus, tram, boat and train in Trøndelag.
Bus and tram
To use the t:card, validate the card on the card reader at metro stations in the Trondheim area, as t:cards cannot be validated on board due to infection concerns.
Passenger boat and ferry
Use t:card on passenger boat and ferry, as before.
Order t:card for free in the mail. You can also buy one for NOK 50 at AtB service center.
Top up t:card
Top up and pay in webshop for t:card or at AtB service center.
Top up and pay in webshop for t:card, at AtB service center or on board in areas not covered by the webshop. As of today you can not top up the card on your mobile phone. This will be possible in a new version of the webshop in the first quarter of 2018.
Make sure you have a valid ticket.
How to make sure the ticket is valid
- If you purchased your periodic ticket in the web shop, the new period will start on the date you chose when you bought the ticket. For the ticket to be added to the t: card, you must validate the t:card on a card reader after purchasing a new ticket. Then you will see how many days you have left. If you have a periodic ticket in your t:card before you will see the number of days on the active period, and your new period starts on the date you chose in the online store.
- If you purchased your periodic ticket at the AtB service center, the new period will start the first time you validate the t:card on a card reader. Then you will see how many days you have left. If you have a periodic ticket in your t:card before you will see the number of days on the active period and you must validate the t:card again after the old periodic ticket has been used up to start your new period and have a valid ticket .
Single ticket (autotravel value)
- If you have a t:card with autro travel, you must validate your t:card at each trip to draw a ticket. You will see balance at the same time.
With open ticketing in the Trondheim area, you do not have to register your t:card when boarding the green city buses and tram in Trondheim.
Make sure you have a valid ticket
- If you use periodic ticket on t:card, you must register your t:card when you have a brand new periodic ticket to start it up after the old one has expired.
If you use the t:card with auto travel value to buy single tickets, you must register your t:card on each trip so that a ticket is charged.
If you are traveling from a metro station, you will find a card reader for registering t:cards at the station. In the metro route, the card must be registered on the card reader before you travel, whether you travel with metro bus or city bus. Outside the metro routes, you register the t:card on the card reader on board at the front entrance.
Overview of card readers at the bus stop
See placement of card readers at stops and in the map below.
Red = stop/station that is getting a card reader
Green = stop/station that has a card reader
If you travel frequently you should have a periodic ticket. Travel as much as you like in the area you have chosen. If you have a periodic ticket in the category youth, senior or student, you can also travel by night bus. Student only applies for 30 days.
Start the ticket when you want
The ticket starts the first time you register it on a card reader. If you already have a periodic ticket in the card, the new one will be placed on hold. The first time you use the card after the old periodic ticket has expired, the new one will start. On the green city buses in the Trondheim area, you only need to register your ticket when you have a brand new periodic ticket.
With the travel card t:card, you can also select a period of time between 30 and 180 days.
Let others use your ticket
You can lend your t:card with a periodic ticket to anyone who meets the requirements for the passenger category of the ticket in the card.
Top up your t:card with travel money to purchase single tickets.
Traveling in the Trondheim area
If you are traveling from a metro station, you must have an auto travel to buy a single ticket. Note that you can only buy one ticket. If you are more people traveling together, you must either buy a ticket with AtB Mobillett, SMS or ticket machine.
If you usually travel in the same zones, you can add an auto travel for the correct zone and passenger category. The ticket will automatically be deducted from the balance in the card when you use it on board. If you do not want the ticket automatically, you must hand the card to the driver or crew and request the ticket you wish to buy (not at metrostations). Once you have an auto travel in your t:card, it is valid for five years before it has to be added again.
Let others use your card
You can lend the card to anyone as long as they meet the requirements for the passenger category you have entered in the auto travel. If you want to lend the card to someone in another passenger category, ask the driver or crew to withdraw the ticket they want.
If you travel often on the same ferry, you can buy a travel pass with several ticket at a discounted price. Buy a travel pass on board and the pass is added to your card.
- 40 trips for a specific ferry and vehicle.
- 12 trips person at the Levanger - Hokstad ferry.
40 trips are valid for 2 years from date of purchase and 12 trips person is valid for six months.
You get a 40 % descount on the following trips:
- Dyrøy – Sula
- Dyrøy – Mausundvær
- Garten – Storfosna
- Leksa - Værnes
- Dypfest – Tarva
You get a 50 % discount on the following trips:
- Seierstad - Ølhammeren
- Hofles - Lund/Geisnes
- Eidshaug - Gjerdinga
- Borgan - Ramstadlandet
- Levanger – Hokstad
You get a 17 % discount when you buy 12 trips person on the following trips:
- Levanger – Hokstad
With a periodic ticket valid only in zone A or with Youth ticket you can also use the t:card on the local train between Hommelvik and Ler.
If you have a brand new periodic ticket, this must be started by using it on a card reader either on board a bus or at SJ's customer center at Trondheim Central Station.